Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finally the paperchase is over!


We received the last document needed in the mail today. I was able to take everything to the post office tonite and send it to the Secretary of State in Wisconsin where they give their stamp of approval that all the notaries are authentic. We are guessing that will take about a week. Then all those papers go to the Guatemalan consulate in Chicago to get further certification. When all that is done, our dossier (or huge pack of paperwork) will be complete and sent to our agency and we will officially be on the waiting list.

In honor of this huge hurdle behind us. I bought a dress for Watermela.

Last week I bought a pink "Boo" bear like Evans.

3 comments:

Kylie's Mommy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!
I think I bought that same outfit for Kenzie.. congrats.. i can't wait to see your referal pics on the forum.

Dottie
www.journeytng.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Woo-Hoo!! Big milestone!! Last Jan. when I did mine here in TX it only took 10 days for cert/auth and dossier to Guate. That was boy season, so our girl referral didn't come until 3/30!!! Talk about a long wait!! Can't wait to see a picture of your daughter!!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

WOW Amy that was fast!! Way to go though!! I hope that this goes very fast for you and you are soon holding your daughter in your arms!!!

Hugs!!
Erica