Monday, February 4, 2008

The longest wait

Happens now. Shes ours but cant come home yet. First we have to wait for a new birth certificate. Our legal team in Guatemala has to apply for one from the city where Nora was born, Santa Catarina Pinula. SCP is not known to be super quick but not super slow either and will still probably take a couple of weeks. The birth certificate will have her legal first name Angela (not named by birthmom) and our last name (she has no middle name). Then everything can start rolling after that. Her passport and DNA test all needs the new birth cert first. When she gets home we will start a formal legal name change process and apply for new US issued birth certificate and passport.
Here at home we are pretty much ready. Her crib has been up since Thanksgiving and the walls are painted. We have to buy blinds for the windows in her room and hang things on the walls. She has some clothes hanging in the closet and in her drawers. Not too many but at least enough to get us thru her first week home we hope. We have a carseat. All we need to do is wait for her. But the waiting turns to not so patiently at this point.
Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I sincerely hope all of you waiting get out soon too. I know its hard to see someone in this process pass you by. Weve been there. I wish it was more fair, that PGN would go in true timeline order, but they dont. And we all knew this going in, but yeah, it still hurts. I wish I could let all the long timers/copa cabana club members out with us. I wont give any of that "all in the right time" hogwash because everyone waiting knows that even one more day is too long and we ALL want our babies home asap!!!
I am actually mostly packed for my trip this weekend. I cant wait to hold her again. We are hoping she might remember me when we pick up forever to make the transistion smoother for her.

5 comments:

Living and Loving Life in the Lord said...

Yes, I agree, this part is the longest, most difficult wait! At this point I realized I was holding back on giving my full heart; but when we got out of PGN I truly gave my heart and it was hard to wait another day! i am so glad you are visiting, have a great trip.

Tina said...

Just thought I'd let you know that SCP BC takes 10-12 business days. Just got one last month. Hope that eases your wait alittle bit.

Esther said...

Hey Amy, I just popped by to once again say CONGRATULATIONS on your OUT! I can't wait to see pics from your upcoming trip! Have FUN! Esther (FTC)

nora said...

This wait is so tough - I remeber feeling like this was the hardest in comparison to my wait in PGN with our oldest daughter. We are thinking about you guys tons! Enjoy your visit!

Jack and Susie said...

This is so exciting! I look forward to checking your blog while you are visiting and hopefully we'll see new pics of Nora!
Enjoy,
Susan