Friday, February 15, 2008

She has our last name!!!

Our new Guatemalan birth certificate from the city of Santa Catarina Pinula where Nora was born was issued yesterday, Valentines Day. What a sweet gift! She now legally has our last name. Her birthmom has signed off for the last time. My thoughts go to Aura, Noras birthmom, and wish she could know how grateful we are to her and how we will forever remember her.
Next step is Guatemalan passport, then second DNA test. This test is on Nora only and they compare it to the first DNA of hers to ensure she is in fact the same baby and hasnt been switched.
We are SO relieved. Measuring windows to order blinds for her room as we speak. It looks like she will be home before Easter!!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

That is great news. Glad to see things are moving along quickly for you.

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am so happy for you! One more thing to mark off....you will have your daughter forever soon!
((((HUGS)))
Amy

The Aldridge's said...

I am so very happy for you!!!!!!

Carolyn

Becky said...

Just found your blog. Congrats on the BC, I hope you're pickup trip is soon!!

Becky and Jack

Anonymous said...

Yay, great news!! I'm so excited for you guys. I cant wait to see pics of her room :-)

Gail said...

Super News!!! Come on PINK!!
Gail

Judy said...

Hey Amy-
I just checked in on your site and am so happy to hear the great news! Wow! Congrats!!!
Take care,
Judy Olson

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you!

Laurie said...

Congrats on BC! She is just adorable. What a nice Easter present! ;)

Stacie said...

Great news! I received my son's BC on the 14th...close timelines. Would love to talk sometime about your visit trip...do's and dont's.
Thanks!

Tazandme0597@aol.com

JBGRIGS said...

Congrats. I can't wait to read that she is home with you :-)